Friday, December 12, 2008

Dayson's Birth


On Sept. 5 2008- my labor was induced at 4:00am. My contractions started but it wasnt too bad yet. At 8:00am they moved me to the labor room and broke my water. This made the contraction worse but i still had it under control. I felt the best when i was seating on the toilet. I know its crazy but i just wanted to stay in the bathroom. The only problem with this is my legs would go to sleep if i stayed in there for long so back to bed i went. Mom and Christy was there for support. Grandma Wood and katie stopped by for a little bit to see me. Around 11:00am Chris showed up and was there with me. By this time the contractions was pretty strong but i was still doing good. I was just laying in bed in my own little world and was just breathing through the contractions. At 4:00 pm the doc came in to check me. Its been 12 hours so far and i was just sure i was almost there but i was wrong. I was only 4 centimeters. What a disappointment!!! The doctor decided that he better get an ultrasound and see what the problem was. It showed that the baby was faced up and wasnt coming down the birth canal. The doc then decided that the best thing was to go ahead and do a C-section. I was disappointed but then again i was tired and wanted it to be over already so i was all for it. It was about 6:00pm when they came into my room to get me ready for surgery. Once i had my spinal block then Chris was able to come in to the OR to be with me. I was SO nervous and excited. Once I seen that beautiful baby boy the tears started rolling. He was so precious every emotion went through my body! All i could do was cry! Its at that moment you realize that it was all worth it. I had me a healthy baby boy. Dayson had finally arrived weighing 7 Lbs 1 oz. He was doing so well and after i got out of recovery they wheeled me by the nursery to see him again. The tears began to fall again! I couldn't wait to hold him and shortly after that i did. I had me a bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment